How Much To Pay A Pet Sitter Overnight
If you’re like me, your pets are family. And when I’m out of town, I want to be sure they’re well taken care of. So who can I trust? A pet sitter means my animals will get the attention they need, and someone else will take care of feeding and walking them. But how much should I pay a pet sitter? The answer depends on several factors, such as where you live and what kind of care is needed for your dog or cat.
$5-15 per hour, per pet: The average rate across the country is about $10-$12 per hour, per pet.
As you can see, the average rate across the country is about $10-$12 per hour, per pet. So if you have two dogs at home that need to be cared for overnight, that’s going to run you around $20-$24 per day. If it’s a cat and a dog sitting situation, expect to pay an additional $5-15 per hour on top of that amount.
If this seems like too much money or if it seems too low to cover your pet sitter’s expenses (grooming tools and food come to mind), remember: no one knows what their animal will do while they’re away. The last thing anyone wants is for their pets’ caretaker getting stuck with an unexpected vet bill because Fluffy got into some poop during her stay at Grandma’s house!
$20-50 for overnight boarding: This includes providing typical care for a caregiver who stays in your home overnight.
- Fees for overnight boarding: If your pet care needs are more extensive and require someone to stay at your home overnight, you’ll want to pay between $20-50 per night. This is the typical rate across the country for this type of service, which includes providing typical care for a caregiver who stays in your home overnight.
- Flat fee for 1-3 days of service at your home: A flat fee for 1-3 days of service at your home averages around $60-$75 per day or up to $150-$200 for three days of full-time pet sitting services. If you’re going away on vacation and need someone who will come by daily (or every other day), this may be the best option if budget isn’t an issue!
A flat fee for 1-3 days of service at your home: $60 for one dog to stay at their sitter’s home overnight and during the day.
When you’re away, your pets will be in the hands of a professional pet sitter. If you want an overnight sitter for your dog, this is what it will cost:
- For a small to medium-sized dog, expect to pay $30-$40 per night for one or two nights of service at their home.
- For large dogs, that price jumps up to $50-$60 per night for just one or two nights of service at their home.
The price depends on the size of your pet and where they are staying—you can request a quote if you don’t see anything that fits your needs!
$25-$75 per day if you’re coming and going from your home overnight or during the day but not actually staying in your home overnight.
If you would like a pet sitter to come and stay at your house while you’re away overnight, or even just during the day while you are gone, be sure to pay them between $25 and $75 per day. This is a great option if you want a pet sitter to come to your home and look after your pet while you’re away.
Other fees may apply as well, including mileage, late pickup/drop off, special pet needs, and more.
You may also be charged for traveling distance to and from your home, as well as late pickup or drop off. Some pet sitters will charge an additional fee if your pet has special needs (e.g., medications). If you want to ensure that everything is covered, it’s a good idea to ask about these additional charges beforehand so there are no surprises when it comes time to pay.
Ask your sitter if they offer discounts for additional services such as dog walking or cat sitting.
Ask your sitter if they offer discounts for additional services such as dog walking or cat sitting. It’s not uncommon for pet sitters to offer discounts for multiple pets (and sometimes even the first one). Additionally, if you have a pet that requires special care or is older or younger than average, some pet sitters will offer a discount because it takes more time and effort to care for them. If you are interested in getting this service from your sitter, be sure to ask about it when you set up your initial consultation.
Takeaway: how much to pay a pet sitter
- How much should you pay a pet sitter overnight? The answer is more complicated than you might think.
- If you’re looking for someone to stay with your dog or cat overnight, then they should be paid $25-$35 per night (and perhaps less if they have multiple pets).
- If the pet sitter is also responsible for walking and feeding your pets, then that rate can go up by as much as $10 per day—$90-$125/weekend.
If you’re hiring a pet sitter to watch your pets while you’re away, it’s important to know what their rates are. This will help ensure that they don’t charge more than necessary and that you’ll be able to afford their services. Then, once everything has been decided upon and agreed upon by both parties, all of your peace-of-mind needs will be taken care of!